However, for the past few months, he's had an aversion to shoes. My shoes, Ken's shoes, Breckyn's shoes... just shoes. He finds them and once he does, it's like that puppy in teething that gnaws on the sole to soothe aching gums. The benefit however, he hasn't ripped apart any shoes, but he loves getting near them. If he can actually get one to his mouth before I spot him, he loves it. Breckyn is my accomplice and will shout, "Baby shoes, baby shoes!!!" if I am not in view of the little guy.
Well now, shoes are one thing, but the part that has really made him part puppy is his new play toy: toilet water. I know, I know, I sound so irresponsible and gross, but it's one of those split second things that is teaching me more and more to close bathroom doors and remind Breckyn to put down the toilet seat. There is a certain silence in the room that gives me the clue to run around the corner and then I hear a faint, "swish, swish" as his little fingers reach into the bowl of magic water. OH, it is disgusting! The upside is, he gets his hands washed with soap and water a lot during the day.
Here's how I see it, if he keeps this whole puppy persona up, we'll have a little boy that loves fetching the morning paper before long.
No comments:
Post a Comment