11.23.2009

It's the "little" things...

Today, in the spirit of gratefulness, I am sending out a special thank-you to my newest baby. 


Dear baby, 

Thank you for growing - this is a fragile time, but I am so happy you have made a temporary home inside of me. 
Thank you for increasing my appetite by leaps and bounds. In fact, what I would define as more than the two other times I've been 'with child' before. It is an honor to host you in my body and feed you to help your tiny body form and grow. 
Thank you for the kicks, even though often alarming and sometimes non-stop they remind me of your presence and your energy. 
Thank you for making my belly so darn cute (if I may say so myself...). I love watching my belly grow, and having my clothes become a little more snug. It's just another sweet reminder with each shirt that can no longer be pulled down to meet my jeans that you are in fact there... growing, changing, and developing. Please continue to do so. :) 

I could probably do without the night wakings to run to the bathroom... but if nothing else, I do think of your tiny body finding a nice cushiony bladder to rest upon before I can no longer take it in my sleep. 

You are a gift in every sense of the word. Daddy, Mommy, sissy, and brother are so excited to welcome you in a few months. Until then, grow little one. Stay healthy, stay strong, and know you are loved. 

And for you, the viewer... let's just all pretend we don't see the spotty mirror. Sometimes these pregnant shots are as good as they get these days!

1 comment:

Thea said...

Looking gorgeous, as usual :)Love your letter!