Today the kids and I were playing the thankful "game" as they ate lunch.
Breckyn's list was very full. The highlighted ones for me were: thankful for the planets that spin in the universe and my dolls.
Broderick was thankful for spiders and for playing outside.
Then Broderick asked me what I was thankful for. I'd have to say I have a pretty long list, too. There is so much to be thankful for... so much. For as long as I can remember I would often think to myself how thankful I am to have all ten fingers and toes. I mean, really, can you imagine being without one or two? It probably doesn't seem so awful, but those are the kinds of things that are often taken for granted. I am thankful for the ability to walk, see, eat, drive, and function on my own.
On a lighter note, some things I am thankful for from today, in particular:
-the smell of fresh laundry hanging to dry
-cuddling with my 4 year old after nap time
-hilarious, simple conversations with my kids
-friends that will be moving 10 houses away from us (with kids our kids' age!)
-a stocked fridge and pantry
-a shower (ahhh)
![]() |
| Baylor's sweet footprints in the chalk and water caught my attention. |
My list is ever growing... but so often the simplest things bring the biggest joys.

No comments:
Post a Comment