10.13.2011

little prayers are big prayers

I love listening to my five and three year old say their prayers. In fact, they tend to argue (ahem) over who can pray at meal times. Not quite what I am going for, but the gesture is sweet.

My favorite prayers as of late from my five year old who was praying for our lunch:
"Dear God, thank you for this day and for this food. I pray this is a good lunch and I pray that God, you'll have a good lunch, too."

I can't resist having those mid-prayer smiles on my face when they say such things.

And from my three year old at dinner the other night after he said prayers in a very soft voice:
"Well, I pray quietly and softly because that way I can hear God talk."

Ahh, my heart! We had a sweet discussion about being able to hear God. I love those moments.

These moments definitely trump all the arguments, fighting, crying, and frustrating moments any day. In other words, the days that I am in prayer overload. ha!

No comments: